It's funny how sometimes the littlest projects can be to most difficult.
This is one of those projects.
I found this cute little milking stool at an antique store.
I'm pretty sure it's a reproduction.
It was in really rough shape and had this hideous varnish on the legs.
Fist I gave it two coats of creamy white paint.
Then I printed out this really cool Graphic from my true love, Graphics Fairy.
I used a pen and pressed down really hard on the image so it would leave faint grooves underneath.
This is hard work! My hands started cramping, ouch!
I ended up doing a lot of the painting free hand where the tracing didn't show through.
The next step was sanding the heck out of it.
The sanding turned part of it gray where the black paint smeared.
I then used a tiny brush to cover the smears with white paint.
Can you say Tedious!
I wanted to accent the rough parts of the stool rather than disguise them.
I also shabbied up the legs.
Time consuming for such a little piece of furniture.
But it's pretty cute.
I hope you like the rooster pillow cover in the background because I'm planning on having a giveaway soon!
It's Friday, woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great week-end!