Well once again it's raining here so I can't show you my front stoop all decked out for fall, but I can show you the wreath that I made for the door.
A door that's lovingly covered with toddlers fingerprints.
I've given up on it ever being clean!
I bought this metal door hanger on clearance at Target a couple of years ago.
But when it's hanging on the door and it gets a little windy it bang, bang, bangs against the door driving me mad! Cute, but not functional doesn't work for me. But it makes it a great candidate for re-purposing.
I bought this adorable flower trim at the fabric store.
It was a bit too white to go with the antique look of the rooster, so I dyed it using tea.
The gray background is giving the tea dyed flowers a bit of a weird coloring in this photo, but you'll see how well they match in the next picture.
See how pretty the flowers and rooster look together!
I used some burlap looking ribbon to make some leaves for the flowers. Everything was hot glued onto a grapevine wreath. The wreath hangs from a suction cup hook on the glass door, but I like the look of a wreath hanging from a ribbon. So the ribbon is just for show.
I do like the rain, but I hope the sun comes out this weekend so I can load up on pumpkins and show you the front of the house. :)
Joining Rhoda's Door Decor party.