I've been tagged by my friend Lisa from Lisa Roy a designer obsessed with pretty things, beautiful spaces, interesting places and...handbags!
The way the games works is Lisa has asked me 11 questions, which I will answer, then I "tag" eleven other bloggers and ask them 11 questions and so on.....
So without further adieu here are my q & a's:
1. What is the last DIY project you completed?
A makeover on this thrift store mirror.
Sorry, I'm only going to show you the before picture now.
You'll have to wait for a post on the finished project!
2. What do you love most about yourself?
It feels weird to talk about something you love about yourself!
I do like the ability I have to see the potential an object has.
For example this thrift store pot I gave a makeover to.
3. Dog person or cat person?
I love kitty cats!!!
We used to have three cats, sadly they all died of old age.
For now I'm done cleaning litter boxes, but maybe when my kids are older I'll get one again.
4. What made you choose your current home?
The thing I love most about my home is the view!!
When we found out we were moving to Illinois we knew we were going to rent a house.
I flew out there to look at homes and found one that I liked.
When we tried to rent it the people changed their minds and decided they wanted to sell their house instead of rent it.
We really couldn't afford for me and the boys to fly out a second time so I found a house on craigslist and asked my hubby to go look at it.
He liked the house and took photos and sent them to me.
Quite frankly they were terrible photos.....
I had a strong feeling that we were sopposed to rent this house.
So even though I was moving into a house I had basically never seen before I wasn't terribly nervous.
Thank you God, it is a lovely house and we are very happy here.
5. If you were single and could go on a date with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
Well, I am a happily married woman and just don't feel comfortable talking/thinking about who
I would date...
But, if I could choose a celebrity BFF it would be Bonnie Hunt.
She had a talk show last year and I was so sad when it was canceled.
She seems really nice, down to earth and she is so funny.
6. What room in your home would you most like to redo?
No question it would be my kitchen!
Our kitchen is very basic; oak cabinets, vinyl counter tops, white appliances, white walls.
When I saw French Larkspur's beautiful kitchen, I got a stomach ache.
Her layout is so very similar to mine and it showed me with a little (a lot!) of work what my kitchen could be.
I would just need to paint the cabinets white, get some butcher block counter tops etc. etc.
But since we are renting I'm not willing to spend the time or money to do it.
I'm just going to do my best to make our kitchen look as pretty as I can w/o making any major changes.
7. What is your favourite childhood memory?
I grew up in Washington state.
We had a house with woods in the backyard and if you went down a hill on the side of our house
there was a creek bed.
Huge wild ferns grew everywhere.
Hmmmm, are you maybe getting a clue where the name of my blog comes from? :)
Anyway...my fondest memories are playing in the woods with my little sister.
I would love to live in the Pacific Northwest again.
It is so beautiful there and even though it's been over 20 years since I have lived there I still get homesick.
8. What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever said or done?
Many years ago I was driving my car and eating a taco at the same time.
As I was taking a bite my eyes went off the road and I crashed into a stop sign.
This was back in the day when Taco Bell had thirty nine cent tacos.
Well let me tell you...that cheap taco was very expensive!!!!
Don't eat while driving. Lesson learned!
9. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
Beautiful, funny, intelligent and loves the Lord so much.
I want to be here when I grow up!
10. If you won the lottery today, what's the first thing you would buy?
I think the mini coopers are just the cutest cars.
My 6'9" husband probably couldn't fit in it and I like to imagine that my kids couldn't fit in it either. :)
It would be my special toy to zoom around town in!
I saw one the other day that was pale aqua. So pretty!
11. Describe your dream home.
Stone Tuscan style
I had so much fun thinking about the answer to this question!!
My favorite styles of homes are Tudor style, homes that look like they belong in a fairytale, stone houses especially Tuscany and Provence style and finally Spanish Colonial. So my dream would be some kind of combo of these styles. Maybe a plaster house with a turret with stone accents around the door and windows. I would love to have an arched front door, large windows that let in lots of light and inside dark hardwood floors and beautiful rustic beams on the ceiling.
So that was fun! Thanks for thinking of me Lisa.
Rules of the Game
* You must post the rules
* Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you have tagged
* Tag 11 people and link them in your post
* Let them know you have tagged them and they should acknowledge that they have been notified.
Here are the 11 people I'm tagging:
Keeping Up With The Kays
Growing Up Gabel
A Sort Of Fairytale
Mid Life Makeover
The Poor Sophisticate
My Wonderfully Made
Happy At Home
Don't worry ladies it won't offend me in the least if you choose not to participate.
But if you want to play along here are your questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Bath or shower?
3. Where is your favorite place to travel?
4. If you won the lotto what would be your first fun purchase?
5. What room in your house would you most like to redo?
6. Do you prefer to eat in or out?
7. Would you prefer a good book or a good movie?
8. Who is your favorite comedian?
9. What is the first concert you ever went to?
10. Morning or evening person?
11. Describe your dream home?