This is yet another project where I am embarrassed at how long it took me to complete and
it is such a relief to finally get it done!
I bought this upholstered headboard off of Craigslist a couple of years ago for $20.00.
Since I got it for my teenage son's room the pink stripes were not going to work.
I wanted to reupholster it using this really cool vintage burlap sack I found, but my son was very against the idea.
He thought the burlap would be itchy.
I decided he was probably right and burlap can be a bit stinky too.
Sadly I then just kept forgetting to get around to reupholstering the piece.
Finally this winter I was determined to do something about. that. headboard.
I went to the fabric store, but none of the fabrics really spoke to me.
Then I got the bright idea to paint the piece! A lot quicker and easier than reupholstering!
I used a fabric painting medium and two bottles of acrylic paint and just followed
the instructions on the bottle.
After the paint dried I lightly sanded it and then used furniture wax, finally I buffed the piece and it is nice and smooth!
The last step was adding nail head trim.
This is a real pain in the butt, but it looks great!
Now my sweet boy has the manly headboard he deserves!
He is quite a bit taller than me now which is really disconcerting!
Next is finishing up artwork for above his bed!
Linking up to:
Wow us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest